NeSmith Immigration Attorneys, LLC

Immigration and nationality Law

Immigration Law FAQs

How can I enter the U.S. as an academic student?

F-1 Visa The wide variety of educational facilities in the United States offer great opportunities for students wishing to further their education and training. The intellectual stimulation and social experiences of studying in the U.S. will be vital parts of … Continue reading

How can I enter the U.S. as a vocational student?

M-1 Visa The M-1 visa offers a great opportunity for students to train in a positive U.S. environment and strengthen their technical and non-academic skills. The M-1 visa is offered to students who wish to pursue full-time study at an … Continue reading

How can I enter the U.S. to work in a specialty occupation?

H-1B Visa The laws regarding the H-1B visa are in constant flux and applicants seriously considering this category as a means of working in the US on a temporary basis should stay informed and updated as much as possible. Since … Continue reading

What is the process underlying the hiring of foreign agricultural workers?

H-2A Visa The H-2A Visa is the most functional of visa categories. It fills a specific need for the U.S. and for foreign nationals. The visa allows foreign workers entry to the U.S. to work in agriculture. Truthfully, the visa … Continue reading

How do I fill a temporary need for foreign workers?

H-2B Visa The H-2B visa is for individuals who will be performing temporary nonagricultural services or labor. Temporary services or labor refers to any job in which the need for the duties to be performed is temporary. The employer’s need … Continue reading

How can I receive training in the U.S.?

H-3 Visa The H-3 Visa is specifically designed to enable you to train in the U.S. in almost any discipline. The USCIS calls this loose classification, ‘any field of endeavor’. This includes agriculture, technology, communications and governmental leadership. This loose … Continue reading

How can I transfer employees to a U.S. operation?

L-1 Visa Businesses that function both in the United States and in their home country gain the benefits of the best of both areas. The L-1 visa is open to international organizations with offices in the U.S., and who transfer … Continue reading

How can a religious worker enter the U.S.?

R-1 Visa R-1 Visas are available to members of the clergy and also to key employees of religious organizations. The R-1 Visa enables religious workers to temporarily enter the United States. A religious vocation is defined as a calling to … Continue reading

Where can I get more information about the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)?

TN Visa Under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), certain citizens of Canada and Mexico are eligible to enter the US under the nonimmigrant TN status. The TN Visa enables Canadian and Mexican citizens to temporarily work in U.S. … Continue reading

How can an individual with extraordinary abilities enter the U.S.?

O-1 Visa The O-1 Visa is for outstanding individuals. The visa enables people with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, athletics, motion picture or television industry to enter the US for temporary periods of time. USCIS loosely defines … Continue reading

NeSmith Immigration Attorneys, LLC provides immigration law services to people living in Birmingham, Montgomery, Auburn, Troy and Dothan, Alabama and the surrounding areas.


We Can Help You With

Immigration Updates

RSS Error: This XML document is invalid, likely due to invalid characters. XML error: Attribute without value at line 5, column 153